THE KING OF THAILAND BIRTHPLACE FOUNDATION
With Site Home Owners:
MR. AND MRS. DAVID AND SUESAN HUNTER
Cordially Invite You to Gloucester’s Historic Home Re-Dedication and Celebration
THE TRAIL OF THAI ROYALTY IN MASSACHUSETTS
In Honor of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej and His Royal Family
Sunday, October 11, 2015
1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
at 3 Page Street, GLOUCESTER, MASSACHUSETTS
COMMEMORATING THE HISTORY AND ACKNOWLEDGING OF THE SIGNIFICANCE OF 3 PAGE STREET HOSTED BY THE KING OF THAILAND BIRTHPLACE FOUNDATION (KTBF)
- King Bhumibol Adulyadej (King Rama IX “The Great”) is the only monarch born in the USA, Cambridge, Massachusetts. The King was born during the family's second stay in the USA, while Prince Mahidol studied medicine at Harvard University and Princess Mother studied home economic and nursing.
- The house at 3 Page Street was summer headquarters of the Siamese (Thai) legation of Washington, DC where Prince Mahidol visited in 1916 on his way to study public health at Harvard University.
- Prince Mahidol, a son of King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) and Queen Savang Vadhana, was studying public health at Harvard University, the first Thai royal to study in the USA.
- USA flag and American National Anthem
- Thai flag and Thai National Anthem
- Historic overview of significance of the historic home by KTBF
- KTBF’s prayer
- Introduction, Ms. Cholthanee Koerojna – President of KTBF
- Proclamation of Trail of Thai Royalty Day by City of Gloucester
- Presentations to historic homeowner, City of Gloucester, Historical Society
- Trail of Thai Royalty project reflections
- Thai classical dance and music
Cholthanee Koerojna, KTBF President,
Sarah Van Auken, KTBF Chair,